Sarah Beth Yarbrough Endowed Scholarship
The Sarah Beth Yarbrough Endowed Scholarship is created and established by the family of Sarah Beth Yarbrough in honor and loving memory of their sister.
Sarah Beth Yarbrough was a revered art and theater teacher at the Joe C. Bean High School for forty-one years. She served a career total of forty-five years as a teacher.
All gifts and donations designated for this scholarship shall become a part of its corpus and only the net earnings from the corpus investments will be used for scholarships awards.
The Sarah Beth Yarbrough Endowed Scholarship is intended for student scholarships to attend a post-secondary two-year or four-year college or university, or in the case of particular talent or student merit, a recognized art institute. All awardees will be strongly recommended by the art teacher and principal of Joe C. Bean High School.
Scholarship recipients of the Sarah Beth Yarbrough Endowed Scholarship must demonstrate the following attributes, qualifications and requirements:
- Be a graduating senior of the Joe C. Bean High School
- Have at least 85 GPA on their high school transcript
- Have been admitted as a full-time student to an accredited college or university
- Plan to major in art in college
- Maintain a consistent personal value system with no ethical or conduct issues
- Submit application for the scholarship by May 1st
Note: As the valedictorian receives a scholarship from the State of Texas, this person will not be considered for this scholarship.
Other Aspects Regarding the Scholarship
- Diversity will be honored in the selection of recipients.
- Donors may have the privilege of making recommendations among applicants.
- Financial need will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
- Based on earnings of the corpus, the Everman ISD Education Foundation may award more than one scholarship.
Provisions for Application
A student making application for the Sarah Beth Yarbrough Scholarship shall provide the following materials:
- Letter of Application
- Student resume of activities and awards
- High school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation or reference (church, business, school)
- Applications will be due no later than May 1st
A scholarship committee comprised of representatives from EISD Administration, EISD Education Foundation, Joe C. Bean Administration and Faculty shall review all applications and make a final selection for award. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the annual Senior Awards Program, wherein acknowledgement will also be made to Sarah Beth Yarbrough, her legacy at Joe C. Bean High School and to her family.
Provisions for Payment
A check of $250 will be issued from the Everman ISD Education Foundation to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment as a full-time student and acknowledgement from student. Funds are payable on or before the 12th day of the semester.