Jerilyln Pfeifer Endowed Scholarships
Dr. Jeri Pfeifer was superintendent of Everman schools for ten years, spanning 2004-2014. At the point of her retirement, district employees, community members and friends collectively donated funds totaling $10,000 to endow a scholarship in her name.
All gifts and donations designated for this scholarship shall become a part of its corpus and only the net earnings from the corpus investments will be used for scholarship awards.
The Pfeifer scholarship is intended for an Everman JCB High School graduate to attend a two-year or four-year college. The selection committee will select two scholarship recipients.
Scholarship recipients of the Jerilyn Pfeifer Scholarships must demonstrate the following attributes, qualifications and requirements:
- Be a graduating senior of the Joe C. Bean High School
- Have at least 85 GPA on their high school transcript
- Have been admitted as a full-time student to an accredited college or university
- Maintain a consistent personal value system with no ethical or conduct issues
- Submit application for the scholarship by May 1st
Other Aspects Regarding the Scholarship
- Diversity will be honored in the selection of recipients.
- Donors may have the privilege of making recommendations among applicants.
- Financial need will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
Provisions for Application
A student making application for the Jerilyn Pfeifer Scholarships shall provide the following materials:
- Letter of Application to include: Full Name, Age, Date of Birth, Male or Female, Home Address, and Telephone Number
- Letter describing financial need
- Student resume of activities and awards
- High school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation or reference (church, business, school)
- Applications will be due no later than May 1st
A scholarship committee comprised of representatives from EISD Administration, Everman Education Foundation, Joe C. Bean Administration and Faculty shall review all applications and make a final selection and alternate for award. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the annual Senior Awards Program, wherein acknowledgement will also be made to Jerilyn Pfeifer and her family.
Provisions for Payment
A check for $250 will be issued from the Everman Education Foundation to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment as a full-time student and acknowledgement from student. Funds are payable on or before the 12th day of the semester.