Sear Family Scholarship
The Sear Family Scholarship is created and established by Daniel and Robin Sear to benefit The Everman Academy High School students and to celebrate the 2012 opening of Everman Academy High School. The mission of the Academy is to partner with students, parents and community stakeholders to provide learning opportunities, support systems and guidance for students to complete graduation requirements and work towards entrance into college or career preparatory institutions.
The Sear Family Scholarship is intended for student scholarships to attend a post-secondary two-year or four-year college or university. All awardees will be strongly recommended by the principal of Everman Academy High School. The selection committee will select a scholarship recipient and alternate, in the event that the recipient is unable to enroll the next fall semester.
Scholarship recipients of the Sear Family Scholarship must demonstrate the following attributes, qualifications and requirements:
- Be a graduate of the Everman Academy High School
- At least an 85 GPA on the high school transcript
- Has overcome significant loss and/or barrier to high school graduation
- Maintains consistent personal values system with no ethical or conduct issues
- While highly deserving, will receive little or no other scholarship funding from other sources.
- Submit application for the scholarship by May 1st
Other Aspects Regarding the Scholarship
- Donors may have the privilege of making recommendations among applicants.
- Financial need will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
- Based on earnings of the corpus, the Everman ISD Education Foundation may award more than one scholarship.
Provisions for Application
A student making application for the Sear Family Scholarship shall provide the following materials:
- Letter of Application
- Student resume of activities and awards
- High school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation or reference (church, business, school)
- Applications will be due no later than May 1
A scholarship committee comprised of representatives from EISD Administration, EISD Education Foundation, Everman Academy Administration and Faculty shall review all applications and make a final selection for award. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the annual Everman Academy Awards Program and/or the community Baccalaureate program, wherein acknowledgement will also be made to Daniel and Robin Burns Sear and the Sear Family Foundation.
Provisions for Payment
A check for $250 will be issued from the Everman ISD Education Foundation to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment as a full-time student and acknowledgement from student. Funds are payable on or before the 12th day of the semester.