SEDALCO Construction Services Scholarship
The SEDALCO Construction Services Scholarship is created and established by SEDALCO, Inc., a full-service construction firm located in Fort Worth, Texas.
SEDALCO Inc. has been privileged to serve the Everman Independent School District for many years as part of the Design-Build Team that constructed John & Polly Townley Elementary School, Charles Baxter Junior High School, and a number of other District Facility Improvements.
The SEDALCO Construction Services Scholarship is intended for student scholarships to attend a post-secondary two-year or four-year college or university, or in the case of particular talent or student merit, a recognized technical institute. All awardees will be strongly recommended by principal of Joe C. Bean High School.
Scholarship recipients of the SEDALCO Construction Services Scholarship must demonstrate the following attributes, qualifications and requirements:
- Be a graduating senior of the Joe C. Bean High School
- Have at least 85 GPA on their high school transcript
- Have been admitted as a full-time student to an accredited college or university
- Plan to major in either Architecture, Engineering or Construction
- Maintain a consistent personal value system with no ethical or conduct issues
- Submit application for the scholarship by May 1st
Note: As the valedictorian receives a scholarship from the State of Texas, this person will not be considered for this scholarship.
Other Aspects Regarding the Scholarship
- Donors may have the privilege of making recommendations among applicants.
- Financial need will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
- Based on earnings of the corpus, the Everman ISD Education Foundation may award more than one scholarship.
Provisions for Application
A student making application for the SEDALCO Construction Services Scholarship shall provide the following materials:
- Letter of Application
- Student resume of activities and awards
- High School transcript
- Three letters of recommendation or reference (church, business, school)
- Applications will be due no later than May 1st
A scholarship committee comprised of representatives from EISD Administration, EISD Education Foundation, Joe C. Bean High School Administration and Faculty shall review all applications and make a final selection for award. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the annual Senior Awards Program, wherein acknowledgement will also be made to SEDALCO, Inc., its partners, and family of employees.
Provisions for Payment
A check for $250 will be issued from the Everman ISD Education Foundation to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment as a full-time student and acknowledgement from student. Funds are payable on or before the 12th day of the semester.