Bertha Lee Souder Scholarship
The Bertha Lee Souder Endowed Scholarship is created and established by the family of Bertha Lee Souder in honor and loving memory of their wife and mother. Bertha Lee Souder was the beloved wife of Roger Souder, namesake of Souder Elementary and member of the EISD Board of Trustees. This scholarship was established as a loving memorial to her life. All gifts and donations designated for this scholarship shall become a part of its corpus and only the net earnings from the corpus investments will be used for scholarships awards.
The Bertha Lee Souder Endowed Scholarship is intended for student scholarships to attend a post-secondary two-year or four-year college or university. Students who attended Souder Elementary will be given special consideration for this scholarship.
Scholarship recipients of the Bertha Lee Souder Endowed Scholarship must demonstrate the following attributes, qualifications and requirements:
- Be a graduating senior of the Joe C. Bean High School
- Have at least 3.0 GPA on their high school transcript
- Have been admitted as a full-time student to an accredited college or university
- Maintain a consistent personal value system with no ethical or conduct issues
- Submit application for the scholarship by May 1st
Other Aspects Regarding the Scholarship
- Diversity will be honored in the selection of recipients.
- Donors may have the privilege of making recommendations among applicants.
- Financial need will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
- Based on earnings of the corpus, the Everman ISD Education Foundation may award more than one scholarship.
Provisions for Application
A student making application for the Bertha Lee Souder Scholarship shall provide the following materials:
- Letter of Application to include: Full Name, Age, Date of Birth, Male or Female, Home Address, and Telephone Number.
- Student resume of activities and awards
- High school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation or reference (church, business, school)
- Applications will be due no later than May 1st
A scholarship committee comprised of representatives from EISD Administration, EISD Education Foundation, Joe C. Bean Administration and Faculty shall review all applications and make a final selection for award. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the annual Senior Awards Program, wherein acknowledgement will also be made to Bertha Lee Souder and the Souder Family.
Provisions for Payment
A check for $250 will be issued from the Everman ISD Education Foundation to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment as a full-time student and acknowledgement from student. Funds are payable on or before the 12th day of the semester.